A completed Club Resort Intervals, L.L.C. ("CRIVACATION") Membership Application, when, and if, accepted by CRIVACATION will form a legally enforceable contract ("agreement") between CRIVACATION and the successful applicant ("CRIVACATION Member(s)"). CRIVACATION Members are entitled to participate in CRIVACATION's Resort Club based upon and subject to the following options, terms and conditions that, together with the Membership Application, constitute the entire Agreement between CRIVACATION and the CRIVACATION Member.
- CRIVACATION offers the following Resort Club Membership options:
- CRIVACATION offers this exclusive Membership opportunity: A yearly renewable Club Resort Intervals Membership. Subject to CRIVACATION Members' full compliance with the procedures and requirements set forth below, this Membership term entitles the CRIVACTION Member to receive resort accommodations through the Resort Club and all other Travel services offered through it's subsidiary, Vacation Getaway Travel, through the Resort Club program.
- Membership in the Resort Club is available to individuals and families only. Club Resort Intervals Memberships are not transferable, with the exception of a Perpetual Lifetime Membership. A Perpetual Lifetime Membership in the Resort Club is transferable to the child(ren) of the original CRIVACATION member(s) at the time of the original CRIVACATION member(s) death or inability to continue active membership in CRIVACATION, as well as to that member's child(ren) and so on. Resort Club benefits are available to CRIVACATION Members only and may not be sold to a non-member. A guest certificate may be purchased for $29.00 and it entitles a guest to check-in to a resort unit confirmed by a CRIVACATION Member.
- CRIVACATION Members may use the resort time available under the terms and conditions of their Membership. CRIVACATION Members may use as many "MEMBER REQUESTED WEEKS" in any one-year period of Membership as is stated on their Club Resort Intervals Membership Application. CRIVACATION Members have unlimited use of "HOT WEEK GETAWAYS" throughout their Membership Term. "HOT WEEK GETAWAYS" are explained in paragraph "O" below.
- Club Resort Intervals offers the largest and most experienced clearinghouse for resort vacation properties in the United States and around the world, with savings up to 30-70% off accommodations. We provide studio and one-bedroom units that sleep two to four persons. CRIVACATION also offers two-bedroom units that sleep up to six persons. Our members also enjoy savings on a number of travel related benefits, including airfare, cruises, hotel stays, car rentals, golfing, motorcycle rentals, motor home rentals, and ski packages.
- The Resort Club application process is as follows:
- An individual may apply to join CRIVACATION's Resort Club by submitting to CRIVACATION a completed and signed Membership Application, together with the applicable Membership Fee set forth on the reverse side. Once your application has been received, processed and accepted, CRIVACATION will extend you a CRIVACATION Membership Card and personal Resort Club Membership number. CRIVACATION reserves the right to refuse to accept a Membership Application in which case the Membership fee would be returned to the applicant.
- When CRI Members want to use their resort accommodations, the following procedure(s) applies:
- When the CRI Member would like to use one or more of his/her "MEMBER REQUESTED WEEKS", the CRI Member must place a Request. A Request is placed by transmitting a completed Resort Request Form to CRI as far in advance of the requested resort times as possible in order to increase CRI's ability to successfully confirm the CRI Member's Resort Request. CRI Members may transmit Resort Requests via telephone, fax, e-mail, or online at www.crivacation.com. Once a request is received from a CRI Member and processed, CRI will offer available resort space to CRI Members who have requested a destination area.
- CRI's ability to confirm a Resort Request is dependent upon resort availability therefore CRI cannot guarantee specific resort choices or travel times.
- When a CRIVACATION Member accepts an offered resort property, it becomes a final confirmation. At that point, the Vacation Request Fee becomes non-refundable, except as described in paragraph 5, below. The CRIVACATION Member is responsible for reviewing the information in the Confirmation. If there is a discrepancy in the written confirmation the CRIVACATION Member must contact CRIVACATION Member immediately. If CRIVACATION is unable to confirm a resort request, CRIVACATION will make every effort to provide the CRIVACATION Member with alternative resort choices or remit to the CRIVACATION Member a full refund of the Vacation Request Fee. Request fees may also be transferred to other resort request searches.
- Once CRIVACATION has confirmed the accepted CRIVACATION Member's resort request, the CRIVACATION Member must, within one (1) day of CRIVACATION's confirmation, transmit to CRIVACATION the applicable "Room Fee" or forfeit the Vacation Request Fee. Once CRIVACATION receives the applicable Room Fee, it will transmit to the CRIVACATION Member a Resort Confirmation, which the CRIVACATION Member must present at the time of check-in. Again; the CRIVACATION Member is responsible for reviewing the information in the Resort Confirmation to confirm its accuracy. If there is a discrepancy, the CRIVACATION Member must contact CRIVACATION immediately.
- In the event that a CRIVACATION Member becomes unable to use the confirmed resort accommodations, he/she must notify CRIVACATION of the cancellation at least ten (10) days before the start date of the his/her scheduled stay at the confirmed resort. The CRIVACATION Member may receive a CRIVACATION credit for the Vacation Request Fee, which he/she can apply towards future Resort Club Fees. Room Fees are non-refundable.
- CRIVACATION Members must present a copy of the resort confirmation when checking-in to a resort. Check-in and checkout times at particular resorts must be observed. If the CRIVACATION Member is planning to arrive after check-in time or after check-in day(s), it is his/her responsibility to make arrangements with the participating resort regarding late check-in procedures. If the CRIVACATION Member encounters a problem when checking-in to a particular resort, he/she must notify CRIVACATION immediately. The CRIVACATION Member is responsible for contacting the confirmed resort 48 hours prior to check-in to reconfirm reservations directly with the resort. CRIVACATION Members and their guests must abide by the rules and bylaws of the resort they are visiting including, but not limited to, occupancy limits for each resort unit. CRIVACATION Members shall be responsible for all personal charges such as telephone calls, meals or any other fees incurred. CRIVACATION Members are responsible for any damages that they, or their guests, cause while visiting a resort and will be required to pay for such damages.
- CRIVACATION has made every effort to ensure the quality of its participating resorts; however, CRIVACATION disclaims all warranties as to the characteristics of any participating resort. CRIVACATION shall not be responsible for any representations made by any person beyond the representations contained in this agreement.
- Separate (required or optional) housekeeping/maid service fees, assessments, security deposits, or similar charges may apply to certain resorts, are the sole responsibility of the CRIVACATION Member, and are generally payable at the time of check-in.
- Although it is CRIVACATION's policy that its CRIVACATION Members not pay additional fees for items other than those described herein, some jurisdictions have imposed a tax on resort occupants. CRIVACATION Members shall be responsible for any bed tax, transient occupancy tax or any similar charge, which may be imposed by a particular government authority. In addition, the CRIVACATION Member is responsible for arranging and paying for all expenses incurred while traveling to and from a resort.
- CRIVACATION's liability for injury, loss, or damage to persons or property incurred through the use of CRIVACATION's Resort Club by any person is limited to the fees paid to CRIVACATION by the CRIVACATION Member. In no event will CRIVACATION be liable for damages suffered as a result of resort unavailability caused by any reason beyond CRIVACATION's control. In the event of such an occurrence, CRIVACATION will make reasonable efforts to arrange for and offer the CRIVACATION Member alternative resort accommodations of equal or higher value than those rendered unavailable, however, CRIVACATION disclaims any liability to do so or for doing so.
- The options, terms and conditions of this Agreement are subject to change by CRIVACATION, at any time and without prior notice.
- This Agreement, together with CRIVACATION Membership status, may be suspended or terminated at the discretion of CRIVACATION without further obligation if, in the opinion of CRIVACATION, the CRIVACATION Member has failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions set forth in this Agreement or the rules of CRIVACATION's participating resorts.
- CRIVACATION Members must be at least 21 years of age or accompanied by a legal guardian to be permitted into the participating resorts. CRIVACATION Members will be responsible for actions taken by children and guests accompanying them.
- Pets are not allowed into participating resorts.
- The laws of the State of New Hampshire govern this Agreement and CRIVACATION Members agree that the venue for any action at law or in equity concerning CRIVACATION or the Resort Club program shall be maintained in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire. If an action at law or in equity is initiated by a CRIVACATION Member and CRIVACATION prevails, the CRIVACATION Member shall pay all costs incurred by CRIVACATION in defending such action, including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs, if any.
- CRIVACATION Members are responsible for Annual Renewal Fees payable to CRIVACATION, on the CRIVACATION Member's anniversary, every one (1) year of Membership in the amount of U.S. $99.00. CRIVACATION reserves the right to adjust the Annual Renewal Fee amount after the expiration of the first one (1) year period of Membership and during each succeeding one (1) year Membership period thereafter. A new membership card and updated Membership materials are issued upon receipt of the CRIVACATION Member's Annual Renewal Fee. Annual Renewal Fees shall be utilized by CRIVACATION to defer the ongoing cost of CRIVACATION marketing and development towards maintaining CRIVACATION's current resort relationships and developing new resort relationships for availability to CRIVACATION Members. This increase would coincide with the cost of living increase. Members who do not remit the Annual Renewal Fee prior to the due date will be classified as 'Inactive' and will not have access to their Membership benefits. Once a Member's account has been 'Inactive' for sixty consecutive days, a reinstatement fee of U.S. $149.00 will be due and payable to CRIVACATION should the Member decide to use any of their Membership benefits.
- CRIVACATION will also make available to its Members: "HOT WEEK GETAWAYS". These are resort specials that CRIVACATION offers and they can be confirmed to any CRIVACATION Member in good standing. There is no Vacation Request Fee associated with "HOT WEEK GETAWAYS". Resort vacation coordinators will also offer CRIVACATION Members these weeks as alternatives, if they are available, when working on their resort requests. "HOT WEEK GETAWAYS" are priced well below resort walk-in rates and are a true value to CRIVACATION Members.